Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vintage Valentine

There were so many sample cards at leadership, it was hard to take them all in.  Demonstrators clipped their cards on clotheslines with clothespins and they circled the perimeter of the room.  I saw a vintage valentine similar to the one I made and I tweaked it a little, using the supplies I had. I love it, but I think it's one of those cards that you either love or hate.
Supplies:
Stamp sets - P.S. Love You, Take it to Heart
Cardstock - Real Red, Basic Black, First Edition Specialty, Very Vanilla
Ink - Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories - Framelits Dies Hearts Collection, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim, Brights Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Sponge daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals

I crumpled the First Edition paper into a ball and tore it a little. Then I took the crumb cake ink pad and applied it directly to the paper to give it a weathered look. From there, it's just ad lib!! Have some fun and try it with whatever stamps you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment