Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hearts a Flutter with Butterflies

This card that I made is a spin off of the card in the Spring catalog on p 13. I actually stitched on the doily, but not with my sewing machine.  I just made a running stitch with a needle and white thread.  The doilies on p 5 are really nice and you get 24, so you can make lots of projects with one pack and they are a perfect size. I used the banner from the Hearts a Flutter Bundle and that timy butterfly is the new punch in the Spring catalog on p 13. I didn't want just a plain background on the card, so I used the Color Spritzer Tool with a Regal Rose and Crumb Cake marker to get a splattered effect. It's very subtle but adds alot.

Supplies:
Stamp sets - Hearts a Flutter, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock - Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink - Regal Rose, Regal Rose and Crumb Cake marker
Accessories - Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Paper Doilies, Bitty Butterfly punch, Basic Rhinesones, White get pen, needle and thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

To get the colored rhinestone, I colored on our Basic Rhinestones with a Sharpie. I used a red one and just one coat made it a dark pink, which is what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment