Monday, February 11, 2013

Blackboard technique with Hearts a Flutter

Hey! I'm back from cruising! Had an awesome time with fabulous weather.  I hate to admit that I'm sad that it's the last one for a while, but I am. But hey, there's Stampin' to do and it's Sale-a-Bration!

The card I made today is with a technique called Blackboard.  Most of us remember blackboards from our school days but as a teacher, I know that they are nearly obsolete now. At the very least, they are green, but most have been replaced with white boards that use dry erase markers.  This Blackboard technique is supposed to remind you of the blackboard after it had been erased and had the white chalky shadow.  Bet you were one of the students who liked to clean the erasers, right?

One way to make the black card stock chalky is to rub it with your embossing buddy.  You could use powder or cornstarch too.  I also used my sponge and the Whisper White craft pad and swiped it across the paper.  You can do as little or as much as you want, but a little goes a long way.  I drew the border around the card with the white pencil from the Watercolor Pencils set. The hearts are stamped in the Whisper White craft ink and all the items that look like they are strung across the card are made with the Hearts a Flutter Framelits. They are just glued down with the bows attached at the ends.  It was a blast to make this card!

Supplies:
Stamp sets - Hearts a Flutter, P.S.I Love You (retired)
Card stock - Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink - Whisper White Craft Ink, Rose Red
Accessories - Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Heart punch, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Watercolor pencil, Stampin' sponge

This card is a CASE from Melissa Davies.

No comments:

Post a Comment