Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Colorful Secret Garden

Today's card is a CASE from Kathy Schweinfurth, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I loved her idea of patching the DSP together to make a background.  The DSP that I cut to place on my card front was from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack from the Holiday catalog. If you purchased it - be sure to look at it again and keep using it - as it wasn't all Christmas designs.  The new paper stack in the Spring catalog is called Print Poetry. It's on my Wish List!
I used the Secret Garden Framelits to cut out my flowers and leaves.  I stamped an extra flower on the Cherry Cobbler card stock and cut the center part of the flower out with my scissors and then popped it up to add some dimension.  I used the smallest Basic Pearls in the center of the flowers.  Use your dimensionals freely to give some depth to your flowers.

Here are the dimensions for the DSP that I cut for the card front:
    3 1/4" x 4"
    2" x 4"
    2" x 2" - cut diagonally
Just adhere that to the actual card (which is the traditional 5 1/2" x 4 1/4").
Then add your flowers.
Have fun!!


Supplies:
Stamp sets - Secret Garden, Itty Bitty Banners
Card stock - Bashful Blue, Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack, Cherry Cobble, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Ink - Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade
Accessories - Secret Garder Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment