Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Secret Garden in Daffodil Delight

I finally made it to my stamp room after dinner tonight and I was happy to be there! I don't have all my Christmas decorations down yet and I hate to say it but I hadn't even emptied my bag from the workshop I had right before we cruised, so I'm behind on everything!! But I'm so tired I'm taking it a little at a time. Having fun is sure hard on a girl!!

I made a card using the Secret Garden stamp set and the Secret Garden Framelits. I bought it as a bundle (it's cheaper that way) but you could cut your flowers out if you don't have a Big Shot. When I think of a garden, I think of many colors of bright flowers, but today, I stuck with one color.  I wanted to use Daffodil Delight and sometimes it doesn't show up real well so I embossed everything on my card. I used white ink and embossing powder on the Daffodil Delight cardstock and
clear embossing powder on the Daffodil Delight ink on Whisper White card stock. If you have the new stamp pads, you can emboss in any of the colors with the clear embossing powder. But I still have the old Daffodil Delight stamp pad so I inked my stamp up in Versa Mark first, and then inked it Daffodil Delight before stamping it on the card stock. Then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

Supplies:
Stamp sets - Secret Garden, Bring on the Cake
Card stock - Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink - Daffodil Delight, Whisper White craft ink, Versa Mark ink
Accessories - Secret Garden Framelits, White and clear embossing powder, heat gun, Whisper White 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This card didn't photograph very well. Only the two white flowers at the bottom are cut out using the framelits and popped up. The white flowers on the Daffodil Delight card stock are just stamped and embossed.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the card is beautiful! I love anything in yellow! Glad you're back, Diane. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete