Friday, February 3, 2012

Language of Friendship

Those of you who know me very well, know that I don't like birds.  Actually, I'm afraid of birds!  So I never really like stamp sets that have birds in them, especially BIG birds.  So I was quite surprised when I kept going back to the card in the Sale-a-Bration catalog made with the Language of Friendship stamp set.  I've owned the Bird Builder punch for a long time, but don't use it very often. So for one of the free sets I got to choose during Sale-a-Bration, I chose the Language of Friendship set.  I've always liked the verse that comes with the set and I wanted to make that card from the mini.  And that cute little songbird doesn't look too scary!
Supplies:
Stamp sets - Language of Friendship (is in the reg. catalog but is also free during SAB)
Cardstock - Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, So Saffron, First Edition DSP, Well Worn DSP
Ink - Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, So Saffron
Accessories - Bird Builder punch, Large Scallop Circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (SAB), Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

The great thing about Stampin' Up!'s catalog is all the ideas.  And it's great when you can just take one of their ideas and make your own card.  Why not go through the catalog again and see what you'd like to make?! Maybe you'll even get out of your comfort zone and stamp a bird or something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment