Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sheltering Tree in the Spring

This is my card for the nursing home this week.  Though it doesn't have a lot of pieces for them to put together, the "awesomeness" of the card makes up for it. Do you get that I like this card a lot?!?
I made the Hello spring tag on the computer -  it's not a stamp. I sure hope Sheltering Tree makes it into the new catalog. I don't want it to go away when this Occasions catalog expires June 2.  The new catalog is right around the corner. The retirement list comes out next week. Exciting!

I love the beautiful trees and spring flowers this time of year and wanted to capture it in my card this week.  I wish the "warm" spring weather would get here and stay!!

Supplies:
Stamp sets - Sheltering Tree
Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink - Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Pacific Point, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Coral of the Color Box Chalk Inkpad
Accessories - Scallop Edge Border Punch, Small Oval Punch, 3/8" White taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

I tried the Pink Pirouette ink and it wasn't quite dark enough. I bought one color of the new Color Box Chalk Inkpads in Rose Coral and hadn't tried it yet, so I thought I'd check it out. It's made to work on dark colors (like a chalkboard) but it worked great on my Whisper White.

No comments:

Post a Comment