Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sympathy Card

I had to make today's card for my friend Tamy. She had to put her dog down and I feel so bad for her.  I know the pain and grieving that goes along with that part of pet ownership. This card was made with the D if for Dog stamp set that is retiring. I think I'm going to hang on to this set to use for just this purpose.  The technique used on the background of this card is Weathered Embossed. You ink up the ca rdstock, emboss it with a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and then using a sanding block, rub off some of the ink to get that weathered look.

Supplies:
Stamp sets - D is for Dog
Cardstock - Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink - Early Espresso, Distress Stain
Accessories - Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 3/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1 1/4" and 1 13/8" circle punches

No comments:

Post a Comment