Thursday, July 10, 2014

Muslin vintage tea stained ribbon.

I am participating in a swap for my Artsy Book Club. We were supposed to tea stain or coffee stain strips of muslin, cotton, or lace and then stamp or decorate them for a vintage look. I used 1" strips of 100% cotton and tea stained them.  I boiled a pot of water and added about 12 - 14 tea bags and let it steep. Then I soaked the strips in the tea for about an hour. After they dried I took my Very Vintage jumbo wheel and wheeled some Walnut Stain distress ink on each one. I think they turned out pretty cool. I made the little tags using the Scallop Tag Topper punch. Can't wait to see what I get in return!




1 comment:

  1. Yours looks wonderful! I forgot to send mine with you. I was in Indy. Oh, well! :) Cant' wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete