Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Baskets


Aren't these cute little Easter Baskets? This is my Friday nursing home project this week. Linda Heller taught me how to make these.  The basket is made with the Fancy Favor Bigz XL die and the Big Shot.  The handle is a piece of ribbon and attached with brads. I used some old striped Bashful Blue ribbon that worked perfectly.  The egg is made with the Ovals Collection Framelits.  I used the 3rd smallest oval. I cut two ovals, one in Daffodil Delight and one in the polka dotted Certainly Celery from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack.  I cut out the center of the polka dotted egg and just glued it to the Daffodil egg. Perfect fit.  The rick rack is cut from the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die. Just glue it on.

I make the bunny with the 1 3/8" circle punch,  and the Blossom Petals Builder punch. The two leaves make the perfect size ears.  The small and large oval punches work too, I just like this size better. I used the Owl Builder punch to punch out the eyes.  Making him peek out saves having to make a body!

Just put him all together and use dimensionals to put him on your basket.  I filled my basket with some Easter grass and chocolate eggs.  Make one today and make someone happy, even if it's just yourself!!

1 comment: